Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 Day Shred ....WHAT WAS I THINKING???

Okay...so it's been several days since my last post. I meant to sit down and post on Friday and I got busy at work.  So here's the recap.....

Friday morning I weighed - twice! I weighed on our new scale at home and I sure was hoping that it was wrong! I weighed again on my nurse's scale at school and it said the same darn thing!! I had gained .8 pounds.  I know, I know...you are reading this saying "that could be water weight", "it's nothing, don't fret" etc....but I did fret! I was so disappointed to see that I had gained - even just that little bit.  It was good motivation though.  I tried really hard to make good choices this weekend.  We were out of town for the first Tech game of the season, with friends all weekend, and traveling Friday and Monday.  I have stayed away from carbonated drinks and sweet tea, I have really tried to make good food choices, and drink lots of water.  We'll see what the scale says this week. In addition to that, I decided that it was time to quit being a baby and get off my butt!!!

That brings me to tonight.  As I type, I am sweating, panting, and feeling like death!!! I just finished my first workout on the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  HOLY MOLY....that crap is hard!!!!!! I was dying for the entire 20 minutes!!! I watched it first, to see what I was getting in to.  During the "viewing" I was thinking - cool, I can do this! Jumping Jacks - sure, jumping rope - no problem, crunches - eh, maybe a little harder, ...BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!! My arms feel like jelly and I couldn't even get my butt off the ground for those darn reverse crunches.  I'm going to stick with it but this chick is a wimp and I'm going to really have to dig deep to follow through with it.

I'm really kind of sad that I am almost 3 weeks into my Lab Band life and I can't really see a noticeable difference.  I'm really trying to be patient and that is a struggle for me! I can tell a difference in my eating for sure, but I am ready to see a difference in my clothes.  Time, time and more time will tell......I hope!

Thanks for reading....I will try to update more often.  And I'll let you know how the Shred goes on Day 2.

3 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to make it through all the hurdles and not "see" change. We have always failed at diets because we lost faith in the process. If we do what we are supposed to do, we know we will lose. Remember every step brings you closer to your goal! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this blog out!! Amazingly inspirational...

    http://babblesofabandster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ash...love having you in my corner girl!!!

    I will definitely check out that blog!!

    ReplyDelete